Taught by Sophie Costes.
16th – 21st of April 2024 in Málaga, Spain.
COURSE CONTENTS (2 days, 16 hours)
Waterness Journey™ is a modality of underwater bodywork techniques and three-dimensional massage, which offers the possibility for the receiver to enter into an interactive movement.
As beginners or future practitioners of water therapy, Waterness™ provides valuable tools through its detailed technique as well as integrative processes to be able to respond in real time to a proactive receiver.
Before starting the water days, during which we progressively study water massage, immersion techniques, rotational forces in the water, ‘real time’ response within interactivity, we use together, depending on the day, gentle yoga postures, meditation and simple practices to maintain better body awareness, facilitating a more refined presence throughout the learning day.
Combining the technical teaching with somatic work with free and directed movement completes this legibility between the qualities of the water element and the properties of the earth, with a playful approach that favours the integration of the training and glimpses the relationship between gravity and suspension.
The Waterness modality offers the student the tools of techniques, of understanding the forces that sustain movement in the aquatic environment, of the wate’a freedom and healing power .
The parts dedicated to investigation nourish the teaching and collaborate with the accompaniment from an appropriate place, for internal as externalised movements of the person who floats.
COURSE CONTENTS (5 days, 50 hours)
- Free movement and Contact.
- Somatic practice spaces dedicated to the exploration of improvisation and self-awareness – individual and group research.
- Somatic work on land before moving on to work in the water.
- Synchronisation of breathing and movement to coordinate immersion.
- Study of surface expansion and compression movements, underwater work and inversions, movements with changes of direction, centripetal and centrifugal movements.
- Practice of massage, deep stretching, release points and mobilisation with a 360° spherical approach.
- Work on the forces at play to apply acceleration and deceleration.
- Creating a safe position for the receiver and a healthy posture for the giver.
Initially an Ayurvedic therapist, Sophie practised and led courses in Europe and Asia, where she lived until 2011. During this time, she trained and became a Watsu® and WaterDance® practitioner, following her passion for conscious and therapeutic touch on land and in heated water.
During the last five years, her studies in psycho-body therapies (TCI) and her former leadership of ‘ContactDance’ in water at international dance festivals, led her to a personal way of sharing her aquatic modality: Waterness Journey™.
Sophie’s goal is to convey within her courses, to bring body awareness practices in conjunction with specific body mechanics and holding, as well as the ability to flow freely in sync with breath work – leading to rich and interactive communication between water partners.
The practice of meditation contributes significantly to their therapeutic approach in the water.
Some important aspects of their training are Presence, intuition, and improvisation, which, associated with technique, profoundly benefit the liberation of the body.
You will receive a Certificate issued by Watsupath™ Training Institute, unique training institute credited in Spain by W.A.B.A. Wolrdwide Aquatic Bodywork Association to teach Watsu®.
The course will be conducted at O2 Centro Wellness El cPerchel in Málaga, Spain (see details below).
- Commencing on Thursday 16th April 2024 at 15:00 H
- closing on Sunday 21st of April 2024 at 13:00 H.
We recommend arriving at least half hour before beginning of the class to complete your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily class schedule will be communicated to you on the first day of class.
We will need each hour of the class, so please do your best to arrive in time and organize your travel back home in such a way that you won’t need to leave before the end of class. Any hour missed during the class must be recuperated with individual supervisions.
Registration fee is 710 Euros. See below for discounts and reductions.
The registration fee includes all tuition fees, learning materials and the assistance during class hours. It does not however include travel expenses, food and lodging costs, or the use of all class related facilities (See the following paragraph Facility Cost).
Registrations will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. The registrations will be valid only upon completion of the Registration Form and online deposit.
- Early bird discount_ Students completing their registration through the payment getaway before the 16th of January 2024 will get 15% discount. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: wjmalaga
- Auditor discount: Students that have attended this class before will get a 30% discount of the total ourse fee. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: auditorwjmalaga
If, after registering to the class, the student needs to cancel their registration, these rules and conditions will be applied:
- Cancellation is permitted only if requested in writing by email to email@example.com at least 6 full weeks prior to beginning of the class.
- Cancellation requested via email 4 full weeks or more before the beginning of the class students will receive back their full deposit less a 50,00 Euros administration fee.
- Cancellations requested via email less than 4 full weeks before the class start date, will lose any refund of the deposit.
In case the minimum number of students is not achieved the organization has the faculty to postpone or cancel the course. In case of cancellation, you will be refunded the full deposit with no further compensation. In case of postponement the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
COVID – 19 (SARS)
– In case you are positive for the virus COVID – 19 (SARS) within ten working days or less prior to the start of the course, please notify us, as well as if your entry into the country is denied for this reason. In this case, 50% of course fee will be refunded.
COURSE VENUE, MEALS, and ACCOMMODATION
O2 Centro Wellness El Perchel-Málaga
C/ Plaza de toros vieja 5
29002 Málaga (España)
O2 Centro Wellness El Perchel will make its facilities available for the exclusive use of students enrolled in this course. The fee for the use of the facilities is 28 euros per day (a total of 140€ euros). The total fee for the five days must be paid on the first day, before the start of the course and in cash, to the person in charge of the Facility.
O2 is located close to the city’s seaside promenade and the centre, with a multitude of gastronomic options both to eat outside and to order and enjoy on the fantastic terrace. The centre is also equipped with microwaves, so you can bring your own lunch if you wish.
Málaga is a very busy city at this season, so we recommend that you don’t delay in choosing your accommodation.
We have listed a low-cost option close to the venue in case you are interested:
Grilo, 3, Malaga Centre
29006 Malaga, Spain
You can always check AirB&B or booking.com for further locations. We are responsible of the logistics of the class, and always happy to help you. It is your responsibility to find your tickets, accommodation, and transport.
HOW TO GET THERE:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Watsupath™ Training Institute
Cellular: +34. 667.437.941