Taught by Sophie Costes. Assistant: Anna Amma
7 – 11 July 2021 in Masia Magadins Nou – Moià (Barcelona), Spain
Aquatic bodywork training “Waterness Journey™” and somatic investigation including free movement, Contact Improvisation, Yoga and breathing exercises.
¿Wht is Waterness Journey TM?
Waterness Journey ™ is a modality, with specificity on the techniques of underwater work and three-dimensional massage, offering the possibility for the recipient to enter into an interactive movement.
As beginners or future professionals in water treatments, Waterness™ brings you valuable tools thanks to its detailed technique that we practice extensively, and the integrative processes to respond in real time to a pro active receiver.
Inside our bubble of nature, in the Mas, I propose to you before breakfast, to practise together soft yoga postures and to use mental concentration exercises (meditation, pranayama, Mudras and visualisation) in order to keep a more refined presence throughout the day.
Stretching the body, breathing while being aware of the impact of the energetic stimulation, not only gives us new experiences on a bodily level, but also supports a nervous and neuronal balance which is essential for the assimilation of the aquatic learning days.
The somatic work (contact dance, proposal of free and directed movement) completes this legibility between the qualities of the water element and the properties of the earth, with a playful approach that favours the integration of the content of the training.
Encuentra tu CUPÓN DE DESCUENTO más abajo, en “DESCUENTOS”
EARTH ELEMENT :
Morning yoga practice proposal: Asanas, breathing, visualisation & mudras.
– Contact-Impro and movement
– Spaces for somatic practice dedicated to the exploration of improvisation and self-developpement – individual and group research.
– Somatic work on land to move on to work in water.
WATER ELEMENT :
– Synchronisation of breathing and movement to coordinate immersion.
– Studies of surface expansion and compression movements, work underwater (inversions, movements with changes of direction, centripetal and centrifugal movements).
– Practice of massage, deep stretching, release points and mobilisation with a spherical 360° approach.
– Work on the forces at play to apply acceleration and deceleration
– Create a safe position for the receiver and a healthy posture for the giver.
– The water creates a space for observation and facilitation of spontaneous movements, and potentiates the interaction between the giver and receiver as partners in play.
– Practice spaces dedicated to the exploration of real-time improvisation in the water and review of the technical content of the daily course.
You will receive a Certificate issued by Watsupath™ Training Institute, unique training institute credited in Spain by W.A.B.A. Wolrdwide Aquatic Bodywork Association to teach Watsu®.
This course has no pre-requisites. The course will be taught in English and Spanish.
- Commencing on Wednesday, the 7th of July 2021 at 9:00 H,
- Closing on Sunday, 11th of July 2021 at 18:00 H.
It is recommended that you arrive the day before so that you can start the training the next day rested and focused. If you need to, you can also arrive on the day of the course, at least half an hour before the start, to complete registration and familiarise yourself with the facilities. The detailed timetable will be communicated on the first day of the retreat (approximately every day from 9:00 to 20:00, with a break for lunch and rest) and optional yoga first thing in the morning. We will need every single hour of the class, so please do your best to arrive in time and organize your travel back home in such a way that you won’t need to leave before the end of class. Any hour missed during the class must be recovered with individual supervisions.
Registration fee is 590 Euros. See below for discounts and reductions.
The registration fee includes all tuition fees, learning materials and the assistance during class hours. It does not however include travel expenses, food and lodging costs, or the use of all class related facilities (See the following paragraph Facility Cost).
Registrations will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. The registrations will be valid only upon completion of the Registration Form and online deposit.
- Early bird discount: Students completing their registration through the payment getaway before the 7th of May 2021 will get 15% discount. Not cumulative with other discounts.. Coupon: WJBarcelona
- Auditor discount: Students that have attended this class before will get a 30% discount of the total ourse fee. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: AuditorWJ
COURSE VENUE, MEALS and ACCOMMODATION
MAGADINS NOU, MASÍA DE TURISMO RURAL
Comarca del Moianès, entre Moià i y´Estany (Barcelona)
Magadins Nou is a rural farmhouse located between forests and fields, in an isolated and quiet area that allows you to disconnect from civilization and reconnect with nature and your inner self.
We will have the whole rural house at our disposal. The farmhouse has double and triple rooms, in case you decide to come with a family member or friend, all exterior rooms, a heated indoor swimming pool, a polyvalent room and numerous places in the garden where you can find your own space.
The participation fee includes accommodation from the night of the 6th of July (5 nights), use of the swimming pool, polyvalent room and other spaces, optional yoga activity in the morning (also for those participants who decide not to take the course) and tourist taxes: 227,25€ per person.
This amount will be paid preferably by bank transfer and, if you need it, in cash on arrival. Check-in at the Masía is on 6 July from 16:00.
La Masía offers a vegetarian breakfast, lunch and dinner menu for 35€ per person per day. Please let us know if you have special needs and preferences.
The kitchen will be at our disposal; if you need to, you can cook your own food, although our recommendation is that you enjoy the menu and make the most of the rest time.
We are responsible of the logistics of the class, and always happy to help you. It is your responsibility to find your tickets and transport.
HOW TO GET THERE:
MAGADINS NOU, MASÍA DE TURISMO RURAL
Crtra. C-59, between Moià and l’Estany. 08180, Barcelona (Spain)
GPS: 41°50’30.2″N 2°06’09.4″E
Código plus: R4R3+J2 Montvi de Baix
By car: Exit on the Meridiana or the Rondas in the direction of Girona, pass the first toll, exit in the direction of Caldes de Montbui, follow the C-59 road to Moià first and continue in the direction of l’Estany. At Km 43, you will find the Magadins Nou signpost on the right.
By bus: From Estació d’Autobusos de Fabra i Puig, Line e9 to Moià. We will try to pick you up at the bus station in Moià, as the Masia is 6.5 km from this village.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Watsupath™ Training Institute
Cristina Arcos Trancho