Taught by Sophie Costes.
03rd – 7th of December 2022 in Terapia Acuática Valencia, Valencia, Spain.
COURSE CONTENTS (2 days, 16 hours)
Waterness Journey™ is a modality of underwater bodywork techniques and three-dimensional massage, which offers the possibility for the receiver to enter an interactive movement.
As beginners or future practitioners in water therapy, Waterness™ brings valuable tools through its detailed technique that is practiced abundantly, as well as integrative processes to be able to respond in real time to a pro-active receiver.
Before starting long hours in water where we gradually study the massage, the immersion technique, the rotating forces in water, the response in ‘real time’ within the interactivity etc…, we practice together gentle yoga postures and use mental concentration exercises (meditation, pranayama, Mudras and/or visualization) to maintain a more refined presence throughout the learning day.
Stretching the body, breathing while being aware of the impact of the energetic stimulation, not only gives us new experiences on a bodily level, but also supports a nervous and neuronal balance which is essential for the assimilation of the aquatic workdays.
In the afternoon, we combine the technical teaching with somatic work (contact, free and directed movement proposal) which completes this legibility between the qualities of the water element and the properties of the Earth, with a playful approach that favors the integration of the training content. We return to water with more clarity about ourselves, the relationship between gravity and suspension.
- Free movement and Contact.
- Somatic practice spaces dedicated to the exploration of improvisation and self-awareness – individual and group research.
- Somatic work on land before moving on to work in the water.
- Synchronisation of breathing and movement to coordinate immersion.
- Study of surface expansion and compression movements, underwater work and inversions, movements with changes of direction, centripetal and centrifugal movements.
- Practice of massage, deep stretching, release points and mobilisation with a 360° spherical approach.
- Work on the forces at play to apply acceleration and deceleration.
- Creating a safe position for the receiver and a healthy posture for the giver.
Initially an Ayurvedic therapist, Sophie practised and led courses in Europe and Asia, where she lived until 2011. During this time, she trained and became a Watsu® and WaterDance® practitioner, following her passion for conscious and therapeutic touch on land and in heated water.
During the last five years, her studies in psycho-body therapies (TCI) and her former leadership of ‘ContactDance’ in water at international dance festivals, led her to a personal way of sharing her aquatic modality: Waterness Journey™.
Sophie’s goal is to convey within her courses, to bring body awareness practices in conjunction with specific body mechanics and holding, as well as the ability to flow freely in sync with breath work – leading to rich and interactive communication between water partners.
The practice of meditation contributes significantly to their therapeutic approach in the water.
Some important aspects of their training are Presence, intuition, and improvisation, which, associated with technique, profoundly benefit the liberation of the body.
You will receive a Certificate issued by Watsupath™ Training Institute, unique training institute credited in Spain by W.A.B.A. Wolrdwide Aquatic Bodywork Association to teach Watsu®.
- Commencing on Saturday, the 3rd of December 2022 at 8:30 H,
- closing on Wednesday, the 7th of December 2022 at 17:30 H.
We recommend arriving at least half hour before beginning of the class to complete your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily class schedule will be communicated to you on the first day of class.
We will need each hour of the class, so please do your best to arrive in time and organize your travel back home in such a way that you won’t need to leave before the end of class. Any hour missed during the class must be recuperated with individual supervisions.
Registration fee is 660 Euros. See below for discounts and reductions.
The registration fee includes all tuition fees, learning materials and the assistance during class hours. It does not however include travel expenses, food and lodging costs, or the use of all class related facilities (See the following paragraph Facility Cost).
Registrations will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. The registrations will be valid only upon completion of the Registration Form and online deposit.
Places for this course are limited to six participants.
- Auditor discount: Students that have attended this class before will get a 30% discount of the total ourse fee. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: AuditorWJ
If, after registering to the class, the student needs to cancel their registration, these rules and conditions will be applied:
- Cancellation is permitted only if requested in writing by email to email@example.com at least 6 full weeks prior to beginning of the class.
- Cancellation requested via email 4 full weeks or more before the beginning of the class students will receive back their full deposit less a 50,00 Euros administration fee.
- Cancellations requested via email less than 4 full weeks before the class start date, will lose any refund of the deposit.
COVID – 19 (SARS)
– In the event that the authorities of our country restrict the training activities to such an extent that the course must be cancelled, the course fee will be fully refunded.
– In case you are positive for the virus COVID – 19 (SARS) within ten working days or less prior to the start of the course, please notify us, as well as if your entry into the country is denied for this reason. In this case, 50% of course fee will be refunded.
In case the minimum number of students is not achieved the organization has the faculty to postpone or cancel the course. In case of cancellation, you will be refunded the full deposit with no further compensation. In case of postponement the deposit will be refunded to the students who request it.
COURSE VENUE, MEALS, and ACCOMMODATION
TERAPIA ACUÁTICA VALENCIA.
Dirección: C/ San José de Pignatelli, 13
Fundación Instituto San José will make available their facilities for the exclusive use of registered students on this course. This includes heated swimming pool, shower, and land instruction.
Students are required to pay a facility fee of 25 Euro/day (_a total of 125 Euros_) to access the pool and use the group room for land classes. The balance must be paid the first day in cash directly to the facility management.
CAPICÚA catering offers the group a menu option (11.90€/day). Please let us know if we need to count on you to confirm in advance. The center is equipped with a microwave, so you can bring your own lunch if you wish.
Accommodation we recommend for participants is:
Hotel Olympia Universities
C/ Dr. Vicent Zaragoza, 13 Valencia
963 692 129
You can always check AirB&B or booking.com for further locations. We are responsible of the logistics of the class, and always happy to help you. It is your responsibility to find your tickets, accommodation, and transport.
HOW TO GET THERE:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Watsupath™ Training Institute
Cellular: +34. 667.437.941