Taught by Ashaman Gray
01 – 02 of February 2020 in Madrid, Spain.
(16 hours credit hours with Watsupath™ Training Institute http://watsupath.com and Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association W.A.B.A. http://watsu.com for the professional training in Watsu®)
What is Healing Dance®?
Healing Dance® is a powerful and beautiful aquatic technique developed by Alexander George in 1993. It consists of ten trainings. In seven, techniques are taught in which the receiver remains on the surface of the water. The three remaining trainings are subaquatic, featuring a variety of submergings. The guiding philosophy of the work is that… …movement is the “medicine” and in the experience of “received dance” the healing process in the body is activated.
- Students learn to create the sensation of lightness and weightlessness, to generate a rhythmic field, to find the various “rhythms of awareness” for clients and even to channel movement.
- Physical and emotional blockages are resolved in the polarity between freedom and security.
- Advanced body mechanics are taught to create movements of greater subtlety and sensitivity.
As the vocabulary of movements expands students become more confident to improvise and better respond to the needs of the client.
How Healing Dance® works
Healing Dance® has many aspects, all based on the healing power of movement. The practitioner establishes an empathetic connection with the receiver and is trained to mirror any incipient kinetic impulses. Movement is understood as medicine and carefully dosed, intermixed with restful pauses in quiet positional sanctuaries to allow for integration of its effects. The practitioner ‘dances’ the receiver, who has an experience of grace and beauty, sometimes leading to deeper emotional releases. Healing Dance could be understood as silent music, consisting of rhythmic impulses of pressure, touch and movement played upon the body’s proprioceptors. The dance is between the subliminal message within each movement and the receiver’s subconscious mind. That which has slowed down or ceased to move within the psyche is inspired to awaken into playful participation. Thus, the healing comes from within.
- Healing Dance®’s wide variety of original techniques reflects how water and the body naturally move together.
- Blocked energies are opened up by more than thirty hydrodynamic waves and spirals, as well as various spatial mandalas in the form of circles, figure 8’s and releases, freeing and re-animating the body.
- Healing Dance® takes advantage of the full three-dimensionality of the water with broad dynamic movements.
- A variety of advanced body mechanics techniques such as moving by example, creative imbalance and traveling through the pool help to create not only bigger movements, but also subtler and more sensitive ones.
- The essence of Healing Dance is flow, freedom and lightness.
As the vocabulary of movements expands, students become more confident to improvise and better respond to the needs of the receiver.
Find you discount coupon down in “Reductions”
COURSE CONTENTS (2 days, 16 hours)
Introduction to Healing Dance® is a 16 hour weekend course designed for entry level students of aquatic bodywork.
The history, principles and applications of Healing Dance are covered on land, as well as terminology, communication, and the anatomy related to support of the head and pelvis. In the water, you will be given a direct experience of Healing Dance through receiving a mini-session.
There the fundamentals of aquatic technique are taught, including how to sense the weight and breath of the receiver, knowing where to support, how to traction, how to be grounded in the stances that we stand in and how to bring our partner into flow with weight shifts and traveling steps.
A simple practice sequence is learned with a clear beginning and finish that is the perfect preparation for taking Healing Dance I. You will discover how natural it is to share aquatic bodywork and how it can open a new dimension in relating.
A written and photo manual are provided and a DVD and MP4 of the sequence are made available.
“I have been dancing in the water since my first training with Alexander in 1999. The fluidity and dynamic grace inherent in aquatic bodywork immediately touched my center, and integrated my passions for body awareness, movement and relating. I studied many of the prominent aquatic modalities, and was certified to teach Healing Dance by Alexander in 2005. Since then I’ve taught in the mainland USA, Hawaii, India, Spain and Hungary, and love discovering new people, waters, and countries through this beautiful art. In addition to my experience in the water I have practiced and taught bodywork for almost 20 years, am fascinated with breathwork and martial arts, instruct sustainable movement and fitness practices, and have worked as a performing classical musician and a climbing arborist. I look forward to meeting you in the water!”
At the end of the class you will receive a Certificate issued by Watsupath™ Training Institute and the Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association W.A.B.A.
The class will be taught with at Fundación Instituto San José, in Madrid, Spain (see details below).
- Commencing on Saturday, the 01st of February 2020 at 9:00 H,
- and closing on Sunday, the 02nd of February 2020 at 18:00 H.
We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before beginning of the class in order to complete your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily class schedule will be communicated to you on the first day of class (indicatively every day from 9:00 to 19:00, with a lunch break).
We will need each and every single hour of the class, so please do your best to arrive in time and organize your travel back home in such a way that you won’t need to leave before the end of class. Any hour missed during the class must be recuperated with individual supervisions.
Registration fee is 200,00 Euros. See below for discounts and reductions.
The registration fee includes all tuition fees, learning materials and the assistance during class hours. It does not however include travel expenses, food and lodging costs, or the use of all class related facilities (See the following paragraph Facility Cost).
Registrations will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. The registrations will be valid only upon completion of the Registration Form and online deposit.
- Early bird discount_ Students completing their registration through the payment getaway before the 23rd of January will get 15% discount. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: HDintro
- Auditor discount_ Students that have attended this class before will get a 30% discount of the total course fee. Not cumulative with other discounts. Coupon: auditor30
COURSE VENUE, MEALS and ACCOMMODATION
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Watsupath™ Training Institute
Cellular: +34. 667.437.941