Taught by Alexander & Kathrin George
HEALING DANCE® UNDERWATER BASICS (38 hrs) in San Sebastian, Spain
What is Healing Dance®?
Healing Dance® is a powerful and beautiful aquatic technique developed by Alexander George in 1993. It consists of ten trainings. In seven, techniques are taught in which the receiver remains on the surface of the water. The three remaining trainings are subaquatic, featuring a variety of submergings. The guiding philosophy of the work is that …movement is the “medicine” and in the experience of “received dance” the healing process in the body is activated.
- Students learn to create the sensation of lightness and weightlessness, to generate a rhythmic field, to find the various “rhythms of awareness” for clients and even to channel movement.
- Physical and emotional blockages are resolved in the polarity between freedom and security.
- Advanced body mechanics are taught to create movements of greater subtlety and sensitivity.
As the vocabulary of movements expands students become more confident to improvise and better respond to the needs of the client.
How Healing Dance® works
Healing Dance® has many aspects, all based on the healing power of movement. The practitioner establishes an empathetic connection with the receiver and is trained to mirror any incipient kinetic impulses. Movement is understood as medicine and carefully dosed, intermixed with restful pauses in quiet positional sanctuaries to allow for integration of its effects. The practitioner ‘dances’ the receiver, who has an experience of grace and beauty, sometimes leading to deeper emotional releases. Healing Dance could be understood as silent music, consisting of rhythmic impulses of pressure, touch and movement played upon the body’s proprioceptors. The dance is between the subliminal message within each movement and the receiver’s subconscious mind. That which has slowed down or ceased to move within the psyche is inspired to awaken into playful participation. Thus, the healing comes from within.
- Healing Dance®’s wide variety of original techniques reflects how water and the body naturally move together.
- Blocked energies are opened up by more than thirty hydrodynamic waves and spirals, as well as various spatial mandalas in the form of circles, figure 8’s and releases, freeing and re-animating the body.
- Healing Dance® takes advantage of the full three-dimensionality of the water with broad dynamic movements.
- A variety of advanced body mechanics techniques such as moving by example, creative imbalance and traveling through the pool help to create not only bigger movements, but also subtler and more sensitive ones.
- The essence of Healing Dance is flow, freedom and lightness.
As the vocabulary of movements expands, students become more confident to improvise and better respond to the needs of the receiver.
Find your DISCOUNT COUPON below, in “REDUCTIONS”
COURSE CONTENTS (5 days, 38 hours)
Healing Dance® Underwater Basics (HDUB) is designed as a first underwater course for students who have already taken surface courses, such as Watsu® I or Healing Dance® I. Healing Dance® Underwater Basics (HDUB) is a 5 days course that specifically prepares you to take Shape and Space and Above and Below, the two major underwater trainings of Healing Dance®. The transition to submerging receivers rather than merely supporting them on the surface entails learning several skills before one can take a receiver safely underwater.
These fundamentals covered in the course include how to
- a) read the breath precisely;
- b) signal appropriately;
- c) offer and remove the noseclip;
- d) unweight the head on submerging;
- e) give the head freedom underwater;
- f) gauge the amount of time spent underwater;
- g) maintain the absolute space;
- h) soften the hands in grips;
- i) use one’s weight and breath to create deep movements;
- j) travel in the pool, and
- k) pre-support the head on surfacing.
Participants learn a surface warm-up followed by a sequence of thirteen submergings arranged in an order that could be used in a session. A written and photo manual are provided and a DVD and MP4 of the sequence are made available.
Watsu® 1 or Healing Dance® 1. The class will be taught in English with Spanish translation. If you have been student in any of the IS-Watsu Instructors classes, please, email us to email@example.com.
You will receive a Certificate issued by Watsupath™ Training Institute, unique training institute credited in Spain by W.A.B.A. Wolrdwide Aquatic Bodywork Association to teach Watsu®.
The class will be taught with at Centro Guna, in San Sebastián, Spain (see details below).
- Commencing on Tuesday, the 20th of August 2019 at 8:30 H
- closing on Saturday, 24th of August 2019 at 18:00 H.We recommend arriving at least fifteen minutes before beginning of the class to complete your registration and familiarize yourself with the facility. The daily class schedule will be communicated to you on the first day of class (indicatively every day from 9:00 to 19:00, with a lunch break).We will need every single hour of the class, so please do your best to arrive in time and organize your travel back home in such a way that you won’t need to leave before the end of class. Any hour missed during the class must be recovered with individual supervisions.
Alexander George came to the holistic arts in the final third of a 25-year career as a ballet and modern dancer, teacher and choreographer. In 1980, he began the study of holistic massage at the International School of Professional Bodywork in San Diego, completing the 1000 Hour Massage Therapist Training in 1983 and Associate of Science degree in 2004. Alexander qualified as a Trager Practitioner in 1986, subsequently studying with Milton Trager himself.
In 1990, he became a Watsu® Practitioner at Harbin Hot Springs in northern California under the tutelage of Harold Dull, the originator of Watsu®. In 1993, he studied WaterDance from one of its co-founders, Arjana Brunschwiler. Alexander went on to develop the techniques of Healing Dance® and Flowing Touch Massage. He is a certified instructor of the Worldwide Aquatic Bodywork Association, and for nine years taught at the School of Shiatsu and Massage at Harbin Hot Springs. Alexander has led over 300 week-long 50-hour intensives in Anatomy, Massage, Barefoot Shiatsu, Watsu®, Healing Dance® and WaterDance. Alexander presently leads trainings in Germany, Holland, Italy, France, Portugal, Spain and the US. He has written over seventy-five articles on teaching and aquatic bodywork, a selection of which are available for free download at www.aquaticwritings.com. The official web site for Healing Dance® is www.healingdance.org. Alexander lives in Germany with his wife, Kathrin.
Kathrin George is a Watsu, WaterDance and Healing Dance Practitioner. Besides Healing Dance she teaches the Introductory Weekend and Basic Seminar courses in the German system. For over 20 years she has worked as a physical therapist. In her own words, “Water was always my element, and the discovery of the water work was love at first sight. It combines my passion for water and movement, as well as the joy of meeting and caring for others. Beyond this the water work is an ideal complement to my physical therapy. Both receiving and giving are a blessing in my life, providing me with an island of tranquility in an often turbulent everyday life.”
Registration fee is 740 Euros. See below for discounts and reductions.
The registration fee includes all tuition fees, learning materials and the assistance during class hours. It does not however include travel expenses, food and lodging costs, or the use of all class related facilities. (See the following paragraph Facility Cost).
Registrations will be accepted on a first come – first served basis. The registrations will be valid only upon completion of the Registration Form and online deposit.
Early bird discount: Students sending their registration and payment receipt before the 13rd of May 2019 will get 15% discount. Not cumulative with other discounts. COUPON: HDUB15
Auditor discount: The students that have attended this class before will get a 30% discount of the course fee. Not cumulative with other discounts. COUPON: auditor30
COURSE VENUE, MEALS and ACCOMMODATION
C/Gloria 3-5 Donostia 20001
Centro Guna will make available their facilities for the exclusive use of registered students on this course. Students are required to pay a facility fee of 20,5 Euro/day (_a total of 102,5 Euros_) to access the pool and use the group room for land classes. The balance must be paid the first day in cash directly to th Facility management.
We are in Gros, an area plenty of bars and restaurants, pintxos, portions, menus. There is so much offer and temptation… but we’ll coordinate a nearby, most practical place. If you want us to count on you to book and eat together, let us know on your registration form.
- Hostal Koda
Calle Carquizano 5, bajo 20001
Teléfono: (+34) 943165817
- Hotel Monte Ulia
Avda. Alcade José Elósegui 21,
20013 Donostia – San Sebastián
Teléfono: (+34) 943 32 67 67
Close and economic:
- Pensión Uzturre
Peña y Goñi Kalea, 13, 20002 Donostia, Gipuzkoa
Teléfono: (+34) 943 14 27 10
- Alberge la Sirena
Igeldo Pasealekua, 25
Teléfono: (+34) 943 310 268
Fax : (+34) 943 214 090
- Albergue Ulia
Paseo de Ulia nº 297,
Teléfono: (+34) 943 483 480
Fax: (+34) 943 291 360 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GET THERE:
Bilbao connecting with buses (PESA.NET)
First one: 6h15 and last one: 23h45, 1h15 trip
Biarritz connecting with buses (ALSA.ES)
First one: 9h00 and last one: 21h35, 45min trip.
Hondarribia – San Sebastián connecting with buses E21 (EKIALDEBUS.EUS)
First one: 6h00 and last one: 20h15
TRAIN AND LONG DISTANCE BUS:
From the train station or long distance bus station (they are opposite each other) take the intercity bus on line 27 or walk 10 minutes.
BY CITY BUS, THE NEAREST STOPS
Miracruz K: E01 / E02 / E05 / E09 / E20 / E26 / E27/E71 / E72 / E75 / E77/ E79
Eskal Herria /Vasconia: 13 / 14 / 27 / 29 / 31 / 33 / 36 / 37 / B6 / B10
G Via – G Nagusia: 17/ 33 / 40
Galtzara Nagusia – Gran Via: 8 / 14 / 29 / 41
FROM WEST: Ap 8 – GI 20 – Salida A9 Amara – Centro
FROM EAST: Ap 8 – GI 20 – Salida 5 Centro Comercial Garbera – GI 40